MEET THE HONORABLE JUDGE SCOTTI (FMR)
Judge Scotti (ret.) completed in January 2021 a 6 year term as your District Judge for Dept. 2 in Clark County. Judge Scotti (ret.) has law in Clark County for 30 years, where he emerged as a leader protecting our community with utmost due process, compassion, and professionalism. Moreover, he is recognized as zealous defender of the Constitution. He achieved the highest possible rating in legal ability and ethical standards.
Efficient: Presided over 600+ trial days; issued more than 10,000 rulings; maintained a quick decision rating; and achieved a high accuracy rate.
Experienced: Successfully managed civil and criminal dockets, including an average of 800 cases/year. Presided over hearings in Veterans, and DUI Specialty Courts. Served on Medical Malpractice, and Construction Defect Teams. Tried several murder cases.
Recognized: Court-appointed Appeals Judge for all criminal misdemeanors and summary evictions. Appointed as Court Supervisor of the Settlement Conference Program.
HONORS AND AWARDS
• “Preeminent” rating by his peers (by Martindale-Hubbell nationwide rating service)
• Top 1% of Legal Professionals (by American Bar Foundation)
• Graduated Top 10% from Hastings College of the Law
• Chairman: State Bar Civility Committee – developed oath for new attorneys
• Governor: State Bar of Nevada (2 terms: 2010-2013) (managed the legal profession)
ENDORSEMENTS RECEIVED IN 2020
Las Vegas Police Protective Association
North Las Vegas Police Officers Association
Henderson Police Officers Association
Nevada Highway Patrol
Nevada Veterans Association
Citizens for Responsible Government Justice & Equality PAC
Hispanics in Politics
Asian American Pacific Islanders
Israeli-American Citizen Action Network
Nevada Contractors Association
Las Vegas Sun
As a lawyer since 1988 Judge Scotti obtained favorable results for hundreds of clients in the fields of complex litigation, business, construction, real estate, personal injury, arbitrations, mediations, criminal law and appeals. Judge Scotti was one of the lead attorneys in the longest civil jury trial in the history of Nevada. He worked for the prestigious NV firms of Kemp, Jones & Coulthard (LV 1997-2014) and Morton Galane P.C. (LV 1993-96). Prior jobs included: Kirkland & Ellis (LA 1992-93); Monteleone & McCrory (LA 1988-91); and Clark County District Atty (1986) (Intern).
COMMUNITY SERVICE – Past and Present
• Governor: State Bar Board of Governors (2 terms) – managing the legal profession
• Supreme Court Settlement Judge for 10 years – helping people avoid costly litigation
• Supreme Court Foreclosure Mediator – helping people stay in their homes
• Regional Director: State Bar Fee Dispute Committee – resolving client billing disputes
• Prosecutor for NV Contractors Board – enforcing safety rules; helping workers get paid
• State Bar Profess. Comm. Member – promoting Lawyers’ Pledge of Professionalism
• Client Security Fund Board Member – reimbursing persons harmed by lawyers
• Editor: “Ask-A-Lawyer” Column – Las Vegas Review Journal – giving legal information
• Mock Trial Judge – teaching students about the judicial system
• Educator on Civics and the Constitution – teaching elementary school children
• Columnist: Res Gestae magazine – teaching current and formerly-incarcerated persons
• Pro Bono Lawyer – improving access to justice for low-income individuals
• Speaker for Novum-U Education Program – training formerly-incarcerated persons
• Board Member for Empowerment Through Training and Education (non-profit): helping people in economically disadvantaged neighborhoods
• Volunteer: Share Village – helping Veterans and families in need
• Member Knight: Knights of Columbus – Catholic fraternal organization promoting faith, charity, religious freedom, and racial equality